Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Digital Age.

There is an interesting quote from Bill Gates today: "Software substitution, whether it’s for drivers or waiters or nurses … it’s progressing. Technology over time will reduce demand for jobs, particularly at the lower end of skill set. 20 years from now, labor demand for lots of skill sets will be substantially lower. I don’t think people have that in their mental model.” I guess I am not the only one who believes that we are in the midst of a great transition. Bill Gates time frame is 20 years. I think it might happen faster. I feel for the millions of people who will not be prepared.

What do you think?


http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/13/bill-gates-says-neither-people-nor-governments-are-prepared-for-the-huge-changes-coming-to-the-labor-market/

No comments:

Post a Comment