Friday, March 28, 2014

Chromebook - Office iPad App

Will the new Office iPad app have an impact on Chromebook? I don't think it will have much of an impact. The point of buying a Chromebook is to have a device that is not a tablet, but not quite a full laptop. It is also to save a boatload of money. If there is a specific piece of software that you need to use, buying a Chromebook (or even an iPad) might not be a good idea. If you have to use Office, your only option is to buy a Windows PC and spend the money to use Office. I use the music scoring program Finale to write music. I don't expect Chromebook to ever support it. That's why I have a Mac Mini, which I use to write music when I need to. I use my Chromebook for everything else I do. So, if you have a specific piece of software you want to use, Chromebook might not be an option. But, do you really need to use that piece of software? I find that I can use Google Drive for everything I would use Office for. Maybe rethinking what you do with a specific piece of software may help.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment