Thursday, March 20, 2014

Writing - Finding Something to Write About

"Once your subject finds you, it’s like falling in love. It will be your constant companion." Colson Whitehead

I used to worry that I would not find stuff to write about, but I don't anymore. This is how I worked it out. I made a list of the stuff I like to write about. Then, I went looking online for something that struck me as interesting about the items on my list. When I found something interesting, I wrote about it. Now when I am stuck, I just go back to my list and search for something to write about. Invariably I find something to write about. Problem solved. In the future I expect to have to revise my list as my interests change.

What do you think?

http://www.advicetowriters.com/home/2014/3/20/dont-go-searching-for-a-subject.html

No comments:

Post a Comment