Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Economy

On the way home I stopped to get gas at my usual spot. It is an Arco gas station in Corona, CA. which usually has the cheapest prices on my commute route. Now the gas station is fairly new, very large, and it is always busy. When I pulled up, it was empty. At first I thought the station was closed, or something was wrong with the pumps, but that was not the case. It was just void of customers. A few years back I would not have though much of it and rejoiced in my luck that I was able to buy gas so easily. That's not the case any more. I am much more observant to what is going on with the businesses I frequent. I like to keep tabs because I can tell how things are going in the economy by how the businesses I frequent are doing. Now the restaurants I frequent have seen things slow up over the last few months, but then things had not really recovered from the recession any way. The gas station being empty startled me though because this is a station that has never been empty before, especially at the time of day that I stopped for gas. So I think that things have taken a turn for the worse. If things continue to be as soft as I have noticed, we have entered into another recession. If that is the case, hold on, it is going to get very interesting.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment