Friday, March 7, 2014

Movie: Gravity

I finally rented and watched the movie "Gravity". It was just awarded 7 Oscars last week and deservedly so. Great cinematography, acting, writing, film score, and directing. I truly enjoyed it and recommend it highly. What surprised me tho most as I looked into some information on the movie was the cost. It is reported that the movie cost $100 million to produce. Why is it so expensive to make movies? Is the cost of the technology involved in production that expensive? I think the cost of the main actors is the greatest expense in any movie. Now Sandra Bullock was outstanding, but did it have to her? Did she make the movie what it was? Maybe, but I keep thinking how little it cost to produce Star Wars compared to what movies cost today. Maybe there is too much money in Hollywood?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment