Monday, March 10, 2014

Housing market

According to the numbers, the housing market seems to be doing okay these days. I'm glad because I think I am still underwater on my home. Never-the-less, I have noticed something interesting lately. Here in Southern California I have notice several new building projects. What's interesting is that most of them are not single family homes, which was all the rage before the financial crisis and recession. Guess what they are? That's right, they are mostly apartments. There has been a huge increase in new apartment construction in my area. I thought it might just be our area, but it turns out it's not. In the Wall Street Journal there is a story of how there are more new apartments being built than single family homes. Go figure, my eyes were telling the truth! So is that a good thing?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment