Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Writing fiction

I started writing a detective novel. I wanted to see if I could do it. So far I have written 7 chapters and I am making progress. I tried to use the dictation function on my iPhone, but it did not work so well when I wrote fiction. It kept mixing up the words I was saying. I am not sure why it did that, but it doesn't when I write non-fiction. I also found that I could not write fiction as I drove. I think it just takes too much focus to write fiction well. So what I am doing is writing non-fiction stuff (like my blog posts) as I drive. I write fiction on my breaks and during my lunch. That seems to be working. I am still writing about 4000 words a day, which is amazing. When it comes to fiction though, I am back to typing.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment