Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Internet

Can you remember (if you are old enough) when we did not have the Internet? I can, but it is becoming something that resembles living another life. I remember when we only had three or four TV stations. I remember when libraries were the repositories of knowledge. I remember when you did not know what was going on in the world till it made it on TV, the radio, or the newspaper. If you stop and think for a while it is just amazing how much the world has changed. For example, I spent time listening to music this morning by streaming music, reading news articles from across the globe, publishing a blog post, and visiting my favorite web sites. All of which was impossible a three decades ago. The internet has changed just about every facet of our lives. The amazing thing is that things will continue to change. I think we are still in the beginning stages of how much things will change as the result of the Internet.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment