Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hacking a Chromebook for $$

Google is offering $100,000 to anyone who can hack a Chromebook. At first I did not pay attention to this story. I thought it was just a gimmick (and it is). But then I thought "I have never seen Microsoft or Apple make this type of an offer". I take it for granted that my Chromebook never gets a virus. I have used a Chromebook for two years now and I have never had an issue with a virus or malware or any other "ware". I wish I could say the same for my Windows laptop. To be fair, Windows 10 has been much better, and I have not had any major issues with my Mac Mini, but I spend all my time using my Chromebook. It is my Chromebook that is exposed on the net for hours a day. But, it has never had an issue. For me, that is one of the best things about using a Chromebook. I never have to worry about a virus and I never have to pay for security software. How awesome is that?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment