Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Future - Smartphones

Here is a very interesting quote I ran across today:

"If you want to predict the future, just look at what middle-class American teens are doing. And right now, they’re using their mobile phones for everything. In fact, many of them don’t even have private computers. These facts, combined with the factors above, paint a picture of the tablet as a fad, like the Netbook, and as a temporary sidestep on a radical change in the way people use the internet. In the future, we’ll all simply use our mobile phones for everything." - Dustin Curtis

I reluctantly agree. I like using my Chromebook and spend a lot of time on it and on the internet (like I am doing right now). I also spend some time on my iPad on a regular basis. I use my phone for texting, checking email, and as a WIFI hotspot. That's not what my kids do though. They use their iPhones more than anything else. The text, surf the web, text, surf the web, and text. They use their phones and not the laptops they own or even the iPads they have. The future is smart phones. My kids "told" me so.

What do you think?

http://dcurt.is/the-death-of-the-tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment