Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Creativity - Downtime

The best ideas will come to us not when we are focused and stressed. The best ideas will come to us when we are relaxed, playful, and even distracted. I have noticed in my own life and work that my best ideas happen when I am washing the dishes. For some reason, while I wash the dishes my mind comes up with all my best ideas. I think it has to do with letting my mind wonder when my body is occupied with something else. If this is true (and I think it is) would it be a good idea to actually schedule time in our days to relax, play, and be distracted? I think it is and I am going to see if I can include time in my day to let my mind wonder. Maybe I can go for a walk or even wash dishes on a regular basis?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment