Thursday, May 22, 2014

Observations - Going Back To School

Is it ever too late to go back to school? I don't think so. In fact, I know so. I just enrolled back into college. I am going back to get an associates degree from my local community college. Why? First, to defer my student loans from when I earned my Masters degree and did my Ph.D. work. Second, to prove a point. The only thing that will keep you from earning a college degree is you! Tuition at my local college is $46 a unit. Most classes are three units so it only costs about $150 to take a class. That is so inexpensive! I just paid the tuition for my son to go to Cal State San Marcos. It was $3500 for the semester, which is the least expensive 4 year university in California. Now that is not cheap, but my local community college is a bargain. The other reason I am going back to school is because I have had a running joke with my students over the last 20 years. I always joke that I am being punished as a teacher because I did not get a computer science degree. Guess what, I am getting a computer science degree!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment