Saturday, May 17, 2014

Observations - Grades

Do grades indicate intelligence or ability? I don't think so because I have had a lot of smart and talented students who got bad grades. I think grades are more an indicator or work habits and self discipline. It takes work and self discipline to get a B or an A. It takes a minimal amount of work to get a C or D. It takes no work to get an F. In fact, I would have to say that most of the students I have known over the last 20 years or so, got F's not because they could not do the work or handle the subject matter. They got F's because of not doing the minimum required work. If they had done the work, they would not have gotten an F. So grades are indicative of work habits and self discipline. Grades are not necessarily an indication of ability or intelligence.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment