Saturday, May 10, 2014

Personal Improvement - Want To

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse. Jim Rohn

This quote is so true. I have been fortunate to accomplish many things in my life. I have earned a BA in music education, a MS in Education, and most of a Phd in education. I have been a composer, music arranger, music director, author, business owner, music teacher, and a college professor. I have written 2 books and thousands of words. I have also written over 600 pieces of music. How was I able to get all this done? I got it done because I wanted to! That's the key to making things happen. Find a way to "want" to accomplish something and you will find a way get it done. How do you do that? One way is to just decide you want to. Another is to tell yourself over and over it's something you want to do. You can also make a public commitment to doing something and that translates easily into wanting to do it. Find a way to "want" to and you are on your way to getting it done.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment