Monday, May 12, 2014

Personal Improvement - Love What You Do

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs


When I was a high school band director I would have a talk every year with my graduating seniors. I would first tell them that I had invested 4 years of my life into theirs, so they were not allowed to waste that investment. They had to go do something with their lives. If I ran across them 10 years later, and they were working at a fast food restaurant, they better be the manager! The other thing I would tell them was to figure out what they loved to do, then find a way to get paid to do it. If they did that they would never have to "work" a day in their lives. Steve Jobs was right, love what you do and everything else will fall into place.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment