Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Observations - Reading Habits

Have your reading habits Changed? I was just thinking that it has been a long time since I read a whole book. I used to read voraciously. Several books a week. Now, I can't remember when I read a book all the way through. I still buy books (maybe 2-4 a month), but I don't finish reading any of them. I lose interest part way through. Is it the quality of the books? Maybe, but I can't even seem to read through the books I have loved in the past. Also, in the past I used to just power through those books that seemed to be of poor quality (and there were poor quality books back then). So it's not the quality of the books on the market today (though the quality of books has diminished with the advent of digital printing). Maybe I have grown accustomed to reading on the internet? There might be some truth to that. Most of the internet is populated with short posts and articles with headlines and bullet points to make reading easier and faster. I do spend a lot of time reading on the internet. Maybe I have rewired my brain to read shorter material and thus I lose interest when I am reading longer stuff? Is this good or bad? I don't know. Maybe it is just what it is. I like reading shorter material.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment