Saturday, February 13, 2016

Reading - Changing habits

My reading habits have drastically changed. I used to be a voracious book reader. I used to read several books a week. I no longer read that way. Now I spend my time reading headlines or headings and skimming the rest of whatever I am reading. I can't remember the last time I finished reading a whole book. Why did my reading habits change? I am not sure, but have a couple of ideas. I think reading on the internet has changed the way I read. Text on the internet is meant to be read quickly. Lots of headlines, headings, and bullet points. I have also become increasingly aware of how much "filler" and "padding" there is in books. I just want to get to the point as soon as possible. Finally, I think my age is finally showing. I just do not have the patience I used to have. So are my new reading habits bad? There are some that would say yes, but I just think they are different. They way I am now reading is neither bad nor good. It's just the way I read.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment