Friday, February 26, 2016

Ideas - write them down

Ideas are all around us. All you have to do is keep looking for them and you will find them. Ideas are also fleeting. They come in an instant and then there are gone. So, if you want to make sure you have them at your disposal, you have to write them down some how. I have used several methods over the past few years to help me do that. One thing I try to do is to make sure I have something to write on and to write with at all times. Currently I like carrying index cards and a pen with me and I use them to jot down the ideas I get. I also use my iPhone. I have a document in my notes application which is dedicated just to ideas. So when I get an idea, I just open up the document and write down what is crossing my mind. Actually, since I discovered the dictation function on my iPhone, I just talk to my iPhone. That is actually working well for me at the moment. In fact, that is where the idea for this blog post came from. I had the idea a couple of days ago, so I wrote it down. Then today I just looked through my list of ideas, and this one popped out as one I wanted to use. Then I wrote this post. Ideas are always there if you go looking for them, but you also have to write them down or they disappear.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment