Monday, February 22, 2016

Losing my passion

Lately I feel as if I have lost my passion for writing music. How can I regain my passion for writing music? First, how did I lose it? I think I lost my passion for writing music when it became a "have to". Somehow when something becomes something you have to do, it loses its ability to drive your passion. How do I regain my passion? I think all I would need to do is make it a "want to" once again. How do I do that? Well, I think it first starts with how I talk to myself. If I keep saying I "have to" do something then to become something I have to do. If I keep saying it is something I "want to" do then it becomes something I want to do. That's so simple isn't it? Next, I need to remember why I started writing music in the first place. When we go back to why we began something, we remember what it was that excited us in the first place. That's what I need to do. I need to go back to the beginning. Why did I start writing music? Finally, I just need to have fun with writing music. When something is fun then you want to do more of it. When he becomes a chore that's when you avoid it.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment