Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Productive commute

I spend a lot of time in my car commuting back and forth to work. It takes me almost an hour to get to work and another hour back home at the end of the day. One of the things that has bothered me the most over the last 15 years is how unproductive my commute was. I just sat there in a sleepy daze as I drove in and a mind numbing haze as I drove home. That has all changed since I discovered the dictation function on my iPhone. Now I talk to my iPhone and get a ton of writing done. In fact, as a result of talking to my iPhone, I am now writing over 4000-5000 words a day rather than the 1000-2000 I was writing before. Now it is a little distracting to talk to my iPhone while I drive, and I am not even sure it is legal, but I have managed to make it work without wrecking my car or incurring the wrath of a local law enforcement officer. I do not recommend this for everyone, but I sure enjoy the huge boost in productivity. Now if only driverless cars were introduced faster, I could actually write some music on my commute.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment