Saturday, February 27, 2016

Being recognized

I went to my local pizza place the other night and had a refreshing experience. As I walked up to the register the manager was placing a pizza in a box. He looked up at me and said "Hi Walter your pizzas already". I was a little shocked. He recognized me. More than that, I am not really a regular customer. Sure I come in every two or three weeks for a pizza, but not often enough to be a regular? I was a little shocked. He recognized me. Sure I come in every two or three weeks for a pizza, but not often enough to be a regular? Is that often enough to be recognized as you walk into the store? It was actually very nice to be recognized and to be addressed by my name as I walk in the store. I wish more businesses were like that. As a result, I left a nice big tip and of course I will be back for more pizza. Maybe we should all work a little harder to recognize those people who frequent our businesses? Maybe it would go a long way into increasing our sales and profits?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment