Monday, February 15, 2016

Creatures of habit

I did something today that reminded me that I am a creature of habit. I was driving home with the intent of picking up lunch on the way. My mind drifted off and I completely forgot to pick up the food. I didn't realize that I had forgotten until I was pulling into my neighborhood, so I had to turn around and go back and pick up the food. How can you tell your a creature of habit? When your mind is not focused, what do you find yourself doing? For me it was driving home instead of going to pick up lunch. My body is so accustomed to going on automatic when I going home that I completely forgot to go and pick up food.

We are all creatures of habit. It is also our habits that either help us to be successful or hinder us from being successful. I think it's a good idea to take a look at your life and take stock of what habits you currently have. Maybe it is time to make some changes? Now stopping a habit it is very difficult. It can be done, but it takes a lot of energy, effort, and time. What is easier is to start is a new habit. Maybe that's all some of us need? Maybe all we need is to start a new habit that helps us be successful?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment