Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Future - Self Driving Cars

A robotics expert is stating that children born this year will not have to learn to drive a car. The push for self driving cars is well know with several companies trying to make it happen (most notably Google). Dr. Henrik Christensen of the Georgia Institute of Technology claims that because of the progress made over the last couple of years, self driving cars will be common and possibly prevalent in 20 years. It is interesting to note that Nevada, Florida, Michigan, and California have made self driving cars legal and Texas is currently working on legislation.

Can you just imagine having a self driving car? I spend about 2 hours a day commuting to work (by myself). I would love to have that time to do something other than drive. I expect self driving cars will be out of my price range for a while longer than 20 years, so it will probably be my grandchildren who will have the luxury of having a self driving car. I will be looking forward to riding in one at some point though. What else will be automated in the future?

What do you think?

http://www.businessinsider.com/driverless-cars-2014-4

No comments:

Post a Comment