Is it possible to run out of idea? I don't think so because if we could run out of ideas, nothing new would ever be created! Everything that is "new" first started as just an idea. So as long as new things keep happening, ideas will never run out. The key question to ask then is "How can I keep getting new ideas?". Here are some suggestions:
* Always be looking for new ideas. If you don't look for them, you won't find them.
* Read, read, read, and read some more. By reading as much stuff as possible, you will keep finding ideas because that is where most ideas are kept - in text form.
* Do something new or different. We tend to run out of new ideas when we keep doing the same things over and over.
* Talk to someone new. If we never expand our social networks, we will not have as many new ideas. Ideas are born from the interaction of new relationships.
* Ask a question!?! It is amazing what new ideas you can get if you just start asking some questions.
I don't think ideas are a problem. I think not looking for new ideas and then doing something with them is a problem. I have also noticed that the more ideas you have, the more ideas you generate. It's a virtuous cycle that feeds on itself. One idea leads to another, and then another, and so on.
What do you think?