Saturday, April 19, 2014

Internet Business - Social Media

I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of social media. I don't have a facebook page. I don't tweet. I have not even visited instagram or pinterest. I have become more acquainted with Google+ though. Is that because I think it's better than all the other services? No, but it seem to match who I am better. That's what I have noticed about social media. They all in some way are an extension of our personalities and reflect the personalities of their users. I think facebook appeals to people who are more extroverted. I think twitter appeals to those who like to comment on stuff and make statements about what is going on. I think I like Google+ because it seems to be more about sharing information and asking questions (which is what I like to do).

So what does this have to do with business on the internet? If you are going to build an audience (which is the most important thing you can do to be successful on the internet), social media is the best way to do that. So find a social media platform that matches your personality and business and get involved. I have increased my audience substantially as a result of getting involved in several communities on Google+. Whatever your opinion of social media, it is a great tool to help you build an audience and be successful. Get involved.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment