Thursday, April 10, 2014

Observations - Auto Recalls

Is it my imagination or have there been a lot of auto recalls lately? The GM recall and safety fiasco is well know, but just about every other car company is recalling thousands (if not millions) of cars. Well, it's not my imagination. If this pace keeps up we are on track to have over 30 million vehicles recalled this year. Last year there were 22 million vehicles recalled, so this years pace is way up. Why can't car companies build cars that don't need to be recalled? Or is it cheaper to push the cars out and recall them later? I suspect it's the later, but what if a car company actually made a great product? Would it be that much more expensive? I for one would buy a more expensive car if I knew it would be of fantastic quality.

What do you think?

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/toyota-general-motors-recalls-put-u-s-track-break-vehicle-recall-record-article-1.1751983

No comments:

Post a Comment