Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Chromebook - i3 Chip

I was thinking about the i3 chip that Acer is adding to the C720 Chromebook model. Is it a good move? If you need the extra power, sure, but do you need the extra power with a Chromebook? I don't. I don't do anything on my Chromebook that would require a faster (more expensive/power draining) chip. Chromebooks are not designed for power users. They are designed for basic computing users that will not be using any high end software (because it is not available, nor will it ever be). I am glad that Acer is doing this though because it means they are committed to Chromebooks, but I don't see how I would need a more powerful chip since I am very well pleased with the current performance my Acer C720.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment