Monday, April 28, 2014

Chromebook - Android Tablets

Over the weekend I spent some time thinking about getting an Android tablet. I was wondering if it would be better to use a tablet than a Chromebook. I have an iPad, so why try an Android tablet? I wanted to see if I could find a cheaper way to get online. I believe that Chromebooks are the least expensive way to get online, but some Android tablets are cheaper than Chromebooks. So I went to Best Buy and spent some time playing with the tablets. I found that I like my Chromebook better. Why? First, tablets are not great for typing. You can do it, but if you are prolific at writing, typing on a tablet gets annoying. So you would need to get a bluetooth keyboard to go with the tablet. Doing so pushes the cost up to that of a Chromebook (or higher). Next, Google Drive does not work as well on a tablet as it does on a Chromebook. I like using Drive, so using a tablet would be unsatisfying. Finally, I just like using my Chromebook more than using a tablet. If that were not the case I would be using my iPad and not my Chromebook more. So I am convinced that using a Chromebook is better than using a tablet and probably the least expensive way to get online.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment