Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Future - Research

One of the changes that has occurred over the last 10-15 years is how research is done. Back when I was getting my Masters degree I had access by modem to a university database that only hade article and book titles to search through. I thought that was awesome at the time. Today, we have access to full articles and books online, which would have made my job so much easier when I was working on my thesis (which I do not even remember what it was about). Access to actual documents is the reality of today and it will only expand from here. Researchers no longer comb through libraries or article repositories to find what has been written or researched. Researches will also be publishing their findings "live". The potential for human learning is amazing and now that there are over 2 billion people online, learning might expand exponentially.

What do you think?

http://www.edudemic.com/google-student-research/

No comments:

Post a Comment