Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Economy - State Taxes

I live in a high tax state, (California) and do I get anything for it? No, I just have less money at the end of the day than I would in a lower tax state. How can states like Wyoming, Alaska, North Dakota, and Texas have about half the tax rate of New York, New Jersey, and California and still provide all the same basic services? Is it political? The lower tax burden states are all conservative states and all the high tax states are liberal states. Or is it the fact that low tax states have greater income from oil and gas? Whatever it is, I wish the higher tax states would learn from the lower tax states and lower my tax burden. It would just be nice to have more money in my pocket at the end of the day.

What do you think?

http://taxfoundation.org/article/annual-state-local-tax-burden-ranking-fy-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment