Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Observations - The Death Of XP

Windows XP died today (supposedly). Did the world come to an end as well? No, and that was no surprise. XP has been with us since late 2001, which is only about 14 years or so. That does not seem that long (by human standards it's not even driving yet), but by technology standards, it's a dinosaur. I remember XP with mixed emotion. It worked okay, but man, did it get viruses all the time. I became quite adept at reformating hard drives. I don't miss that one bit. Since then I have used all the other versions of Windows, switched over to Macs a couple of years ago, and recently, started using a Chromebook. I for one, will never go back to Windows. I know you should never say never, but I am certain I will not go back. I use my Chromebook for most everything and I use my Mac Mini for writing music and a few odd jobs here and there. I have no need nor do I foresee a need to even think about using a Windows based system. So Windows XP, R.I.P.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment