Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Small world

My wife and I had dinner with some friends who we have know for over 10 years the other night. While we were talking we found out that our friends knew someone we went to college with many years ago. I am constantly blown away at how small our world is. I think there is something to the notion of six degrees of separation. With the internet, I think the world is even smaller. For example, I wanted to know if the film composer Mark Mancina went to my alma mater Cal State Fullerton. I looked him up online and emailed him at his web site. I was not expecting to hear from him directly, if I heard from him at all. Guess what, he emailed me back directly. How cool is that. And yes, he did go to my alma mater, Cal state Fullerton.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment