Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cell phones

Cell phones (and especially smart ones) are a blessing and a curse. They are a blessing because we can be in instant communication with others. We can surf the internet and keep up with all our regular websites. We can email and text and do many other cool things. Yes, cell phones are a blessing. But they are also a curse. With a cell phone, you are never "off line". People can communicate with you at any hour of the day (and usually when you least want them to). You can be interrupted at any time (and usually at the worst possible time). You can become addicted and unable to stay of it (Just look around and almost everyone is on their phone).

I kept from getting a cell phone as long as possible, but finally gave in last August. Now I am glad to be able to contact family members and friends when I need to, but I miss being "off line". I also like being able to go on the internet, email, text, and use apps whenever I want to. I also like using my phone as a hotspot, but then I miss the days when I could spend time without being interrupted or being ignored. So is the cell phone a blessing or a curse? It's both and I wonder what the effect will be on our society. Time will tell.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment