Sunday, February 23, 2014

Healthcare

Is the healthcare system in the U.S. one of the best in the world? Being a user of the system, and not having experienced any other system, it is hard to judge the quality of the U.S. healthcare system. I am currently sitting in a local urgent care waiting for my daughter, who is ill, to be seen. It is Sunday afternoon, so having access to a doctor and not needing to make a trip to the emergency room is nice. Unfortunately we have been waiting a long time (I had time to write a post). If access to a doctor is one measure of the quality of a healthcare system, then we have it pretty good here in the U.S. If you need to see a doctor, you can see one fairly quickly, even if that means waiting a few hours. But how else do you measure the quality of a healthcare system? And what is the quality of the U.S. system? I don't have an answer, but I am waiting for my daughter to be seen.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment