Friday, June 6, 2014

The Future - No Income Corporations

I just started using a site called Quora and I like it. Using it made me wonder, how do they make any money? So I went looking. Quora has not made a dime since it started in 2010. In fact, there is nothing to indicate that they will make any money till 2015 when they plan to introduce advertising. So far the whole things has been paid for by venture capital. This is what blows my mind in the digital age. You can create a "service" (which is what Quora technically is) and make no income for years, but still be valued in the millions? It doesn't make sense to me, but that is all part of the transformation to the digital age. I think people are betting that Quora will either eventually make some money or be gobbled up by one of the digital corporations that has a ton of cash. In any event, I am going to continue to use Quora because I like answering questions.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment