Friday, June 13, 2014

Chromebook - Firefox

Here is my answer to someone who wanted to know if the could use Firefox on a Chromebook.

I use a Chromebook and think it works just fine for all I do. They are very inexpensive machines that are surprisingly useful. I use an Acer C720 which I got for $200 and I like a lot. You will not be able to use Firefox on a Chromebook since you can't download software to it. Chromebooks are designed for basic web based computing like surfing the internet, email, and cloud based applications (like answering questions on Quora). If that is all you are going to do, save yourself hundreds of dollars and hassle and pick up a Chromebook. If there is some specific piece of software you need to use, then pick up a windows based laptop.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment