Thursday, April 7, 2016

DVD video rentals

Are DVD video rentals dead? Not quite I don't think. You would have thought that DVD rentals would have died by now thanks to Netflix and being able to rent movies from the Internet, but that is not the case. DVD rentals are still alive and well for now. Redbox has kept the industry alive. Is the business dying? I am not sure, but I think that it will hang on for a while longer since it does seem to be profitable enough for Redbox to continue renting DVD’s. I am surprised that there is no competitor to Redbox. You would think by now that somebody would have figured out how to make the same type of vending machine and make it work. Maybe that is the Redbox competitive advantage? In any event, DVD rentals are not quite dead. And as long as Redbox is around, I will keep renting movies.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment