Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Dictation

The last couple of days I have not been able to write very much. One of the main reasons is that I have not had the opportunity to use the dictation app on my iPhone. The reason being is that I have not been doing very much driving. Now, I had time to write in the way I used to write, which was by typing. But having used dictation extensively for the over two months now, it has started to change the way I write and create my blog post and my other writings. In fact, I think it has changed the way I write completely. First, my mind does not seem to be as agile when I have to type. Second, I find myself getting frustrated with typing because I'm not the best typist in the world. Third I write so much faster when I use dictation. Maybe my mind just needs the extra speed? Finally, I just think that I've opened a new chapter in my writing life and it includes dictation. That is very interesting to me. I've been writing the old way (by typing) for decades, could just a few months of dictation change how I write? I think it has. It sure has changed how prolific I can be.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment