Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Death Of Live Music

I wonder if we are witnessing the death of live music? There have been no live concerts in basically the whole USA for some time. That is especially the case here in California, the entertainment capital of the world. Sure we have had live "streamcast" concerts, but do they even count? Broadway in New York is "dark" till at least January (if not longer). Here in Riverside County California they have even banned all live performances even at outdoor restaurants.

I was playing Jazz at a restaurant in San Diego County, but I had to stop because the owner could not afford to pay me any more. So if you throw in the inability to pay for live music because of the economic situation, this could very well be the end of live music as we know it. Will it bounce back once we have some kind of recovery? I have no idea. I hope it does. I just can't imagine living in a world without live music.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment