Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cheaper Chromebooks

Over the past couple of weeks there has been an announcement that there will be 2-3 Chromebooks becoming available that will be selling for about $150. Now they will be using a slower chip and will not have the highest of quality components, but they will be running Chrome OS and will do so efficiently. I have read a couple of reviews and no one is terrible disappointed with the new cheaper Chromebooks.

What do I think? I think if you can afford an extra $50 buy a Chromebook that's a bit faster with better components. On the other hand, if you are strapped for cash or you need to buy a truckload of laptops, then you might want to give a look at the cheaper Chromebooks. Them seem to run well (though not as fast), and they do everything a Chromebook is supposed to do (which is not everything to start with). I wonder how much lower will things go? Will we eventually have a usable laptop for $99? I think that might be possible one day, but I am not sure how much you will be able to do with it. It is great to know that prices are going down rather than up (in spite of inflation).